Sell Your Home For More Money

Dated: 03/07/2017

Views: 302

Many people think that a home sells for exactly what it is "worth". That is not true. The price of a home is merely the final amount agreed upon by the buyer and seller. There are many circumstances that have an impact on the final price.

One of the most important aspects that determines the final price of a home is the Pareto Principle also know as the 80/20 rule. Although the percentages aren't always exactly 80/20 they are usually very close. What this means to home sellers is that they need to focus on the 20% of important features of their home to get the best results. the other 80% is usually trivial. 

A seller should focus efforts by drawing attention to defining characteristics of their home that separates it from the competition.  This could be a fantastic view, marvelous great room, or a great location. Keeping this in mind it is important as a seller that you spend extra time to uncover your homes most attractive unique features to attract potential buyers.

Learn how to tap into this rule, and you will not have to settle for less than your asking price. Leverage a unique selling point. Buyers who fall in love with a home do not haggle over pricing, they make good offers. 

Helping sellers get the most out of their soon to be ex-home.

James

Blog author image

James Angus

James Angus is a licensed Realtor and Qualifying Broker with Realty One of New Mexico specializing in Residential Real Estate in the Greater Albuquerque Metropolitan area. James is an Albuquerque nati....

Latest Blog Posts

Dont Make This Mistake If You Are Selling Your Home FSBO

Wow!  Don't Make this fatal mistake if you are selling your home FSBO or For Sale By Owner!   In my recent book, The Ultimate In Your Face SoldByOwner  Guide to Sell Your Home, I

Read More

Mindset Of Buying A Home

So, getting back into the real estate game is a battle.  I had no idea I would have such trouble overcoming my limiting belief systems that I had to overcome years ago.  I know the

Read More

Come Back Kid

I've been working in and around real estate for 20 years now.  2 decades!  What?  Wow!  I started my career in banking where I handled a lot of home equity loans and worked with

Read More

Why Choosing The Right Title Company In ABQ Matters

Why does it matter who you chose to close the sale of your home?- A lot of people don't know this, but title companies play a vital role in the sale of a home.   A title company

Read More